1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden D410XLT... should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by enjoi1018, Nov 26, 2012.

1. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Alas, a recent trip to my local shop to browse led to me stumbling upon a D410XLT. It's used; I'd say 7.5/10. A little dirty top carpet and some fluffing of the carpet in places.

I don't really plug in and play that often, but I asked the guy to move it to hook it up. It sounded great! Clear, super punchy.

It's an 8 ohm and I have a Markbass LMIII. I figure this could be a very good gigging rig. My home rig is a custom stack 210 and 115 that's huge and rough to move. Brilliant sounding, but its wired at 4 ohms. It's LOUD. I think an 8 ohm could be a happy medium between the big rig and my small practice amp. Amirite?

The price they're asking is $350. They're holding it for 24 hours for me, but if I decide to get it, I've gotta sell some stuff NOW. Like tomorrow morning.

Should I get a 4 ohm? Why will I love the 8 ohm? Is it a concern that it looks gigged, but not to beaten up? I've read a lot here about Eden cabs and didn't manage to check to see if it was made in the USA. However, I looked at pics on Google and found a jack plate that looked identical, with 8 ohm configuration and it said Made in USA.

As always, cheers fellas!

2. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

All D series cabs were made in USA.
    $350 is a very good price.
    Your Little Mark will deliver 300W @ 8 Ohm.
    You have to know if it is enough for your gigs.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    For a long time, the D-410XLT was the backline rental of choice - there's a reason for that. It's a great cab. 300 watts should give you decent volume in medium venues and small outdoor venues (back yard parties). At $350, it's a good deal. Make sure the speakers aren't creased.

4. enjoi1018

Thank, Munji. Say, what exactly am I looking for when you say creased? Around the edge of the cone or the typical dimples in the middle of the dome. Just making sure!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 78fenderjazz

78fenderjazz

Buy it! Mine was stolen years back and I miss it every time I plug in.

7. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

That's a good price for a nice cab. One of the cool things about having a 410 cab is that if a speaker ever goes out, you could load up a 210 and have a spare if you don't want to replace a driver. Id say go for it, if you can move it easily and it will cover your giging needs.

8. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

Creased Speaker:

[​IMG]

It may be hard to see in this image but, this cone has been hyper-extended. You should note the creasing near the surround. This happened when the speaker tried to travel past it's limits. This crease has weakened the cone and it will soon fail as it continues to flex. It will need a recone.

9. enjoi1018

Thanks, that's an incredibly helpful pic. So I'm looking at the ridges running along the darkest edge of the cone, before the foam padding, correct?

10. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

11. johnpbass

johnpbass

The 410XLT is a really nice cab. Sounds like a good price for it given the speakers are in good shape (as others have already mentioned).
    It's a really efficient cab so it will get pretty loud - also, those cabs have a lot of forward projection so it gets loud out front as well.

12. Slaine01

Slaine01

13. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
  14. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

A 210XST would do the job for a start as well :)

15. johnpbass

johnpbass

+1.
    XST and XLT makes a great combination.

16. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

+1 ran that for years with a wt800. Fantastic!

17. murphy

murphy

You might find that your Markbass limiter clamps down a bit at 8ohm and will be clearer with more overhead into a 4ohm load.
    especially a 410, I would want a 4ohm version

18. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

But with the 8 Ohm cab he got the Option to add another 8 ohm ;)

19. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    It is an excellent cab - really powerfull, dynamic with great clarity and fattnes. The horn might be too much of a good thing for some - I run my XLT (or XST? forgot the exact model) at around 30%.

20. enjoi1018

How did I not think of this. This could be good or bad :D

Thanks for all the replies so fast dudes!

21. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

IMHO, you can't go wrong with a 410XLT. Very efficient, cuts through any mix, and built to last. I've used them too many times to count. Always a great choice for a louder stage.