1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden d410xst/D115T pairing

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dougazbass, Oct 12, 2013.

1. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

I'm thinking about getting a D115T to go with my d410XST. Does anyone have any experience with this pairing? If so what was your experience? Do these pair well?

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

A 4x10 + 1x15 pairing is never a good idea for several reasons. Search the topic on this forum.

3. bobcruz

bobcruz

Those two cabs are particularly mismatched in power handling, so unless you have a stereo amp that can independently control the volume of each cabinet, the pairing sounds like a recipe for a blown 15.

4. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

+3

The 410XST is a low end monster. You will not gain any additional "lows" by adding a 115 to that cab. If you need additional "oomph" or volume add another 410XST and never look back.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dougazbass

Ok. How about a 210?

7. dougazbass

Specifically a D210T. Thanks for the help.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

The only way a 2x10 will work with a 4x10 is if it has twice the impedance of the 4x10. So a 16Ω 2x10 with an 8Ω 4x10 or an 8Ω 2x10 with a 4Ω 4x10.

9. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

And if you do an 8Ω 2x10 + 4Ω 4x10, your amp had better be able to handle a 2Ω load.

10. BassmanPaul

I guess I should have mentioned that! Thanks. :)

11. ivm1990

ivm1990

I got 4x10 & 1x15 with my Eden WT 1205. I am very happy with it. I am also know somebody that got same set with Eden WT800. I playing with my basses: Rickenbacker 4003, Steinberger, Ibanez, Peavay, all sounds grate. I think this is a good choice.

12. BassmanPaul

There is no denying that the pairing is popular despite how poor the match is. It is partially bassed, sorry couldn't resist that one :), on a myth that larger cones produce more lows. You should do a search on mixing driver sizes for all the reasons why it's less than ideal.

13. bobcruz

bobcruz

Both of those are stereo amps with separate volume controls for each channel. See my post above. I don't think the OP has a stereo amp since he's now asking about adding a 210.

OP, getting a 210 with double the impedance of the 410 will work safely if the 10's all have the same power handling because they will all get the same amount of power. The D210T is older and its drivers have only about half the power handling of the XST drivers, if I recall correctly. Again, it's a power handling mismatch but not as extreme as the 115T. You might be OK, or you might blow the 210. (Edit--I was right, power handling on those older 10s was exactly half that of the XSTs. They'll be the weak link.)

14. dougazbass

I should have mentioned I am using a wt800 amp

15. BassmanPaul

As I see it Bob, it makes no difference. the natural thing to do is to balance the output so both cabinets are equally loud. That brings us back to the problem that the 15 cannot keep up with a 4x10 safely.

16. ricguy

ricguy

I used an Eden D210T & D115T bi-amped with a GK 800RB for years and it sounded great. I highly recommend it, and think those two cabs bi-amped with your WT800 will sound even better.

Enjoy!

17. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

That amp has two channels and a balance control so that is good for this combination. However, it is impossible to predict how those cabinets will sound with each other. It might not be the best pairing or you could like them immensely. There's just no way to know in advance. If possible, try them to together before you buy the new one. People have very polarized opinions on this topic. Some people hate pairing a 1x15 and a 4x10 and claim it can't possibly sound good. Others have them and really like them. My view is that some combinations do sound good but one can't guarantee that they all will.

18. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

After looking at the specs of the D410XST I strongly suspect that this will not be an effective combination of cabinets. This cabinet has very good response : 36 to 14KHz ±2dB and it is very sensitive, giving 104dB at 1W,1m. It is highly unlikely that the D115T can keep up with it and be a useful addition. The D115XLT can not go as low (46Hz) and is 4dB less sensitive and I doubt that the D115T is any better.

In my opinion, bi-amping those two would be wasting the capabilities of the D410XST.

Those are just my guesses from reading the specs. In reality you might have different results.

19. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

I'm impressed that you guys figured out how to type the 'ohms' symbol on your keyboards.

20. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

NEOhio - lightweight but extremely powerful!
    ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Borrow as many as you need. :cool:

21. BassmanPaul

On a Mac it's Option + z:Ω
    Option + m:µ
    Option + q:œ
    Option + p:π

Etc. :)