Eden EC10 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BulbousMoses, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Did a search and it seems like Eden has dropped off the face of the earth. Did something happen with the company? I can find very little info on the EC10 combo. On paper, it looks like a nice little practice/small acoustic gig amp but I can't even find a user manual for the thing on Eden's website. Anyone know anything about these little amps?

2. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Bump....crickets for Eden..now I'm worried!

3. kayakguy

kayakguy

Be gone. Pesky crickets.

I recently picked up an EC10, and so far, I love it.

I was, like you, a bit concerned that there was not much talk at all about the smaller Eden amps (the EC8 and EC10). The discussions I saw about the larger amps were generally pretty positive. And given the specs, weight, and price, the EC10 seemed promising. But I could not find any reviews on it at all, which was worrying. What's worse, unlike other amps which I had local dealers I could visit, no-one around here carried Eden, so I could not try it in person.

I really needed something that was as small, light as possible, but with a bit more power than many of the small 'practice' amps I had tried locally. A professional musician friend showed me his Markbass (I think it was the micromark), and it had exactly the sound I was looking for (deep bass, with out being too punchy). But at about $800, it was way beyond my budget.

Then the EC10, which I had been eyeing on the internet, but was concerned at not seeing any reviews, went on sale for $160. I decided to go ahead and order it. I could always return it if I did not like it.

I needn't have worried. I LOVE this bass. It has a great, deep sound. Much richer, and deeper than any of the practice amps I had tried, and much lighter than the bigger amps I had looked into, which were too heavy for my needs. The EC10 sound easily matched most of the bigger amps I had tried locally. And at 50 watts, if gets surprisingly loud. It would not do a larger gig. But I've played with my buddies (guitar and piano) at decent volumes and it did great. Even at high volumes, there is no sign of breakup at all.

The controls are nice, and it has a good selection of inputs/outputs. The usual aux input, an effects loop, etc. I really appreciate the separate tuner output. But in the end, what really sells me on the amp is the sound! For the size and price, this thing rocks. Besting many of the heavier, or more expensive amps I looked into, in overall deep, but smooth sound.

I posted a more detailed review here in the review section on Talkbass if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

4. gleneg61

gleneg61

I believe Eden got bought out by Marshall so check their site I guess. Enjoy the EC10!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

Eden was bought and is produced by US Music Corp I believe. Founder of Eden now runs DNA Amplifiers.