1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eden EX210* and other EX series cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bedroommuso, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bedroommuso

bedroommuso

Just wondering what the general consensus around Eden EX cabs was?

I saw a used EX210N4 and while I wasn't originally going for a 2x10", it's the right price, size and weight.

One thing I am wondering though, ideally I would have liked to snag an 8 ohm rather than a 4 ohm version, because with the 4 ohm I can't run anything else. Would it be dangerous to limit myself to only one cab, let alone a relatively small 2x10 like this?

Also the EX112 cab looked pretty neat.

Anyone else have experience with these cabs?
  2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Bump. I've been curious about these as well.
    Take Care,
    Brent
  3. MeLikeDaLowNote

MeLikeDaLowNote

I'd love to hear someone's experience with the EX series. I never hear anything about them. I guess they're either kinda lame or an undiscovered treasure. No love here?
  4. willsellout

willsellout

I have the EX112 cab and I find it to be a very nice sounding cabinet. It won't compete with most 12's as far as volume or low end output, but for acoustic stuff, small gigs, or home practice it's pretty awesome.

I think it's built well, it's extremely portable. The only thing that kind of sucks is that the 112 cab comes with one 1/4 input.
  5. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    click link below....
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

If your amp is limited to 4Ω then a single 4Ω cab is all you can use. IMO a single 2x10 is insufficient to play a normal gig with - you'll need a pair. If your amp has twin output stages or can run at 2Ω then 4Ω cabinets will be fine. I bought 4Ω cabinets 'cos I intended to run them with a stereo power amp capable of 2Ω per channel. I just use a pair of my cabinets so 4Ω per channel.
  7. LowBSix

Disclosures:
    IMHO- 2x10 4Ω cabinet such as the Eden XLT or a MESA PH 210 8Ω, have handled 3000 Seat venues... Huge, fat and cutting... with or without PA... :cool:
  8. BassmanPaul

To each his own brother. I know I would never use a single 2x10 to gig with. I stack mine per my avatar and one takes the same stage room as two. There's safety in that. Maybe that's why I've never damaged a woofer, except by my own clumsiness, in fifty years of playing.
  9. LowBSix

Disclosures:
    You do have 5 years of playing on me.... :cool:
  10. BassmanPaul

That gives me more cred right? :D YEA :hyper:
  11. LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Yes Sir!:cool:
  12. BassmanPaul

Off topic but does your username imply you play a six string bass?
  13. LowBSix

Disclosures:
    I used to... :cool:
  14. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

I have the Eden EX110 and it is a great little cabinet for small
    gigs where space is limited. I use it with GK MB500 and it sounds
    excellent. It has great clarity and good low end response. I'm not a fan of tweeters/horns in bass cabinets and with this type of speaker design you don't need them. Pushing the cabinet at a
    fairly loud volume produced no "farting out sounds", although I haven't tried it with a 5 string yet. It is like a 12" cube and weighs nothing.
  15. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I have an ex110 with the wtx 260 amp and it's a cool combination. It's not a wt series going into an D410XLT but it's light.

Where did you see the ex210? I'm looking for a 4 ohm 210.
  16. bedroommuso

bedroommuso

I saw one for sale locally and tried it out. If you google ex210n* it comes up. It is listed on the Eden website, but I don't think you can get to it from the eden page, you need to google it instead.
  17. Slaine01

Slaine01

Anyone thought of running 3 x EX112 (vertical stack) from an Eden WT550 ?
    Amp goes to 2 ohms so 3 x 8 ohm cabs would be fine.

Punchy little rig methinks and the vertical stack would be like the TC Electronic RS cabs stack