1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden Nemesis RS210 with Eminence Legend BP 102-4

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rezervirano, Dec 7, 2012.

1. rezervirano

rezervirano

Need help! I put these two together and when i set master at cca 12 oclock, or even less, speakers cannot handle it, at the moments i get very annoying and unbearable sound. Am I missing something?

2. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Check ohmage of each cabinet and the minimum ohms you can run the amp. Most don't go below 4 ohms

If ur mixing a 4 ohm and 8 ohm = 2,67 ohms, which is fun IF you can run the amp at 2 ohms

3. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Just one ?

Did you only replace one speaker with a non-matching ?

If so, that is your problem. You cannot mix different speakers in the same cabinet, let alone mix impedances.

If you replaced both, how are they wired ?

If you connected them in parallel, you are showing the amp a 2 ohm load.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

+1 to Bass Pounder's questions. The amp can only handle a 4-ohm load, so if you have anything below that (two four ohm speakers in parallel = 2 ohms, one four ohm and one eight ohm in parallel = 2.67 ohms) stop using them immediately--you're lucky the amp hasn't fried yet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    +2

Need more info, but I believe BassPounder is onto it.

One other possible flaw is if your box happens to be tuned high, they could possibly be unloading. Wouldn't know without descriptions a little more detailed than "annoying and unbearable".

Also note: having a volume knob at noon in no way whatsoever means you're only using 1/2 power.

7. rezervirano

rezervirano

Ive replaced them both, and did it the way original speakers where. Not sure was it parallel or serial :/ Ill check it, please stay up tuned. Ill also try to record what I mean by annoying. btw. Both speakers and combo are 4 ohms, but combo is 320W speakers are 200W

8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Original speakers were almost certainly two 8-ohm speakers in parallel, so if you did the same thing with 4-ohm speakers you've been very, very lucky to still have a working amp. Do not record anything -- rewire them to series and see if that takes care of it.

9. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    +1

If you hooked them up just like the old ones were, you may have given yourself a 2 ohm load. This couod have cooked the amplifier, or, if the amplifier survived, it may have cooked the voice coils from the increased power, or a little bit of both.

While you take it apart to wire it in series, push on the cones to check for any rubbing/scraping sound.

Report back what happens.