1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eden Nemesis RS210 with Eminence Legend BP 102-4

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rezervirano, Dec 7, 2012.

1. rezervirano

rezervirano

Need help! I put these two together and when i set master at cca 12 oclock, or even less, speakers cannot handle it, at the moments i get very annoying and unbearable sound. Am I missing something?
  2. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Check ohmage of each cabinet and the minimum ohms you can run the amp. Most don't go below 4 ohms

If ur mixing a 4 ohm and 8 ohm = 2,67 ohms, which is fun IF you can run the amp at 2 ohms
  3. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Just one ?

Did you only replace one speaker with a non-matching ?

If so, that is your problem. You cannot mix different speakers in the same cabinet, let alone mix impedances.

If you replaced both, how are they wired ?

If you connected them in parallel, you are showing the amp a 2 ohm load.
  4. bobcruz

bobcruz

+1 to Bass Pounder's questions. The amp can only handle a 4-ohm load, so if you have anything below that (two four ohm speakers in parallel = 2 ohms, one four ohm and one eight ohm in parallel = 2.67 ohms) stop using them immediately--you're lucky the amp hasn't fried yet.
  5. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    +2

Need more info, but I believe BassPounder is onto it.

One other possible flaw is if your box happens to be tuned high, they could possibly be unloading. Wouldn't know without descriptions a little more detailed than "annoying and unbearable".

Also note: having a volume knob at noon in no way whatsoever means you're only using 1/2 power.
  6. rezervirano

rezervirano

Ive replaced them both, and did it the way original speakers where. Not sure was it parallel or serial :/ Ill check it, please stay up tuned. Ill also try to record what I mean by annoying. btw. Both speakers and combo are 4 ohms, but combo is 320W speakers are 200W
  7. bobcruz

bobcruz

Original speakers were almost certainly two 8-ohm speakers in parallel, so if you did the same thing with 4-ohm speakers you've been very, very lucky to still have a working amp. Do not record anything -- rewire them to series and see if that takes care of it.
  8. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    +1

If you hooked them up just like the old ones were, you may have given yourself a 2 ohm load. This couod have cooked the amplifier, or, if the amplifier survived, it may have cooked the voice coils from the increased power, or a little bit of both.

While you take it apart to wire it in series, push on the cones to check for any rubbing/scraping sound.

Report back what happens.