1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eden VS Warwick Combos

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rattfink, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Rattfink

Rattfink

I'm looking into a new practice amp and have it down to 2. Both are new to the market and I can't find much about them other then the manufacturer propaganda.
    First the Warwick BC40 1x10 combo, my understanding is it's super clean and fat. It also has updated jacks for MP3 player and headphones.
    Second one is the EDEN ED10 1x10 combo, reviews say it's warm, clean, and loud. Also has the same updated jacks.

Anyone have one of these that can give there opinion, or has played on one? There not at my local shop yet. Closest thing they have are the Acoustic B15/B30 or the Ampeg BA108/110. Of those 2 I think the Acoustic is closer to what I like.
  2. Rattfink

Rattfink

Hello, is this thing on....test 1.2
  3. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    My gut says the Eden or Ampeg. Warwick- awesome basses but amps, you don't hear about them. Isn't Acoustic the current "cheapest brand around"? I'd get something with better resale value.
  4. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

I enjoy my warwick amp, but chaosmk is right, you really don't hear about their amps, at least not this side of the atlantic ocean.
  5. Rattfink

Rattfink

thank you both, I'll post a review up after I've had the Eden for weeks
  6. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

I'd go Eden. But my preference is SWR, and the Older the Better!

I have a Metro Combo on an Eden XLT 2X10 Cab, and an SWR C210X on a Goliath III 2X10 Cab. I had a Warwick 1-15 Combo. It was OK, but was outclassed by the Excessive Speakers & Wattage of the other rigs..
  7. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

I love my Warwick amp. Clear and powerful. They seem to be rare in the US though, which I think is mostly to do with their US distributor(s). That's why you don't hear about them much.

Y'know what's awesome? A Warwick bass through an Eden rig. Or any bass through an Eden WTDI into a Warwick rig. But anyway...

Either are good choices at that level and size of amp.