1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden VT300

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by truss71, Feb 9, 2013.

1. truss71

truss71

Hi all,

I just played through a Eden VT300 tonight at GC. I was wondering if anybody owned one of these things. It sounded okay but I don't know if it is loud enough or has the tone I want. I play a 1976 Fender P Bass and run Flat Wounds on it. I am into a really vintage tone. Mostly going for a vintage 60's and 70's tone, rock to jazz standards. Anybody out there ever use this amp for tones like this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I'm running the head through a Genz Benz 2x12 nx2 212T cabinet. I love this cab.

Thanks guys. I'm new here and would really appreciate any advice before I drop $750 on it.

2. vin*tone

vin*tone

I've never played through one but would love to. I believe they had 2 versions and the "A" version had issues with the footswitch.

3. truss71

truss71

Thanks for the reply VinTone. This model was before the footswitch option. It sounded good but it is hard to tell in a noisy Guitar Center. I guess the only way to tell is buy it and use it at a couple gigs. Good thing GC has the 30 day return policy. If I buy it, I'll keep you updated with the results. Take care, my fellow basshead.

4. vin*tone

vin*tone

Mate if you don't like it PM me. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jbassrockboy

Jbassrockboy

Yes I owned one and ran it with an Eden 1 x 12 and sometimes with a Marshall cab with an ev 15. The tone was classic valve warm and great on harmonics. The things I didn't like was it was heavy, it ran hot and eventually became unreliable and I couldn't find a tech who could trouble shoot the issues. Eden,if I am correct discontinued this model or brought out an improved variant. But I would guess if the amp is not damaged and serviced it should give a great tone. Volume off the 300 watts is not as good as some lower solid states but the tone from the wt is very good.! I ran a passive p bass and passive j bass. Hope this helps.

7. truss71

truss71

Thanks so much jbassrockboy! And yes, it does help! I love this forum, people reply and give great info. I live in Southern California so plenty of good techs here. Jbassrockboy, was the volume loud enough to play in a rock band that does some outdoor gigs and some pretty big stages. We don't play too loud (one guitarist, bass, drums, and vocals) but I like some head room to play with. I'm also thinking about buying the Eden E300T new tube head. Have you heard anything about that?

Also, other than an Ampeg SVT classic (which I refuse to move due to my age and my aching back) what is a good tube head that gets nice vintage tone and doesn't exceed 55 lbs? I use an old P Bass with Flats.

Thanks so much for your response guys. Really helping me out here. Take care!

8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

NEOhio - lightweight but extremely powerful!
    Fender Bassman 100T

9. truss71

truss71

Thanks Jeff! I used to own a 4001 Ricky 1976. Unfortunetly, I had to sell it some years ago. I've also owned a Fender Bassman 100 1973. Wonderful amp with amazing tone but just didn't have the volume/head room for me. It starts to break up around volume 7.

Any other tube heads you can think of?

Thanks! Happy bassing!

10. Jbassrockboy

Jbassrockboy

Hi truss sorry for delay on response. Yes plenty loud for rock but this assumes your guitarist is balanced. it's strength is tone. No problems alongside drums.