Eden WT 1205

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by RobbieNuke, Oct 30, 2013.

1. RobbieNuke

RobbieNuke

Contemplating the EDEN 1205 as my next amp, but discovered they have been discontinued. When did Eden drop them from the line-up? I know they changed ownership a few times in the past ten years... what's up with that?

Read a few 1205 reviews concerning poor pre-amp gain and AC power supply noise, but there are factory mods to address these concerns. How is Eden with customer service on these and/or other problems (i.e. warranty service)?

Anybody experience other issues with the 1250?

2. modulusman

modulusman

I owned one of the first ones made. Total POS. Waited 6 months after the amp was suppose to be available before I received it. One channel was DOA. Sent it back and had to wait another month for a new one. Gain staging sucked. Finally sent it back to have that mod done to correct it and fix an effects send that never worked. I wrote a note and taped it to the amp itself explaining effects send problem. The idiots did the gain mod but didn't fix the effects send.

3. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    I had problems with mine, as well, but was really persistent and finally last year they sent me a completely rebuilt, refurbished one that actually does deliver as promised. However, I've moved on, or actually, back and have gone back to blackface Fender amps. My WT1205 is listed in the classifieds. It really is a pretty cool amp once you get one that works.

4. RobbieNuke

RobbieNuke

Does country of origin (USA or China) or production year indicate any more or less chance of getting a unit with problems? Recent dialog with Eden rep states any new or refurbished (B stock) will not have any of these problems. Buy-out by Marshall seems to have all amp production moved to China... as well as reduction of product line.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    I don't think origin makes a difference. As far as I can tell, the first versions were USA and had lots of problems. My refurb is Chinese and seems to work great. China has a bad reputation, which is partially deserved but they also can do some excellent work. It's like Eminence speakers, some of them are cheap crap and some of them are among the best. It's really hard to make any generalizations.

Is the WT1205 still in production?

I will say that the USA Navigators seem to be a little more reliable, but I think the individual sample counts for more than where it came from.