1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eden WT-600 into Eden 4ohm 210XLT?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mistergyro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. mistergyro

mistergyro

Hello.

I just received this wonderful amp from a fellow tber and I'm curious as what is the best way to run this.

I have 1 4ohm 210XLT.

If I run in bridged mono won't I be sending 600 watts to a speaker that can only handle 350 watts? Or should I just use one side of the amp so it delivers 300 watts to the 210?

I'm a guitar player converting to bass playing and all this stuff has gone over my head. I appreciate any insight anyone can give.

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Use one side with that cab, you will have enough power to drive it to its limits.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Agreed. You may want to consider getting a second identical cab. IMO a single 2x10 is insufficient to gig with.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Bridge your WT600 into a 4 ohm load and you'll release the amp's magic smoke....please read the manual regarding the minimum ohm load for bridging.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Yep, a WT-600 bridges into an 8Ω load only. If you want to run a 4Ω box, you need to only use one side (and get 300 WRMS).

John

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

+1 with everyone so far.
    Those are great amps!
    Another second cab option, rather than getting a second 210XLT, is to get a 210XST. The XLT/XST cab combination works really nicely IMO! A lot of folks have used that setup with great results.

8. mistergyro

mistergyro

thanks for the feedback!