Eden WT405 and Baer ML112

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Quackhead, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Quackhead

Quackhead

I'm pondering this setup but I'm wondering how hard the WT405 could push the Baer? I think this would be a good setup for small gigs. A second ML112 will definitely be needed for larger gigs.
  2. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    I've had both, although not simultaneously:)

I think it would be a great matchup. You'd get port 'chuff' before the amp was being taxed much. I have used mine with 1 Bag End S15 and also my Schroeder Mini 12 with good result live. I do think 1 12 with a drummer would be pushing it though.
  3. Quackhead

Quackhead

For the small gigs I do (coffeehouses and happy hours), it would be enough. But for the louder pubs and bars, I'd probably need a second ML112.

I just think the warmth of the Eden (yes, a warm solid state head...) and the Baer with a mid driver instead of a tweeter would result in a really smooth sound.
  4. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Baer Amplification
    No experience with the WT405, but I really like the WT550/ ML112 combination quite a bit. The warm sound of the Eden's pre and class A/B power sections matches up really well with the ML112's mid driver, IMO.
  5. Quackhead

Quackhead

I'm pretty much sold on the ML112. I'll be ordering one soon. It's light enough for me to lug it up the stairs to my apartment, but loud enough to cover almost ever gig I do.

I have a chance to pick up a WT405 for a great price, but I may end up going another route. We shall see...
  6. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Baer Amplification
    Haven't heard the WT405, but I know a lot of players who say that was one of their best sounding amps.
  7. Lowendtech

Lowendtech

I can back Roger's comments 100%. Eden WT amps work really well with this cab. There's a second ML cab that will join my 1st one soon because I like the pairing so much. I have options (see sig below). No 405 in my experience but if it is any where near as good as any of those (and I think it will be), you will not be disappointed. Good luck.
  8. SJan3

SJan3

I had the WT 390 in combo form. Same head as the 405 with their 112 bottom combined. It did a good job in a moderately loud band and I thought it sounded real good! That head has plenty of power!
  9. SJan3

SJan3

I truly loved Eden amps. So sorry they have gone down such a rocky road as of late.