Eden WT550 problems, crackling

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AdamMeinerding, Mar 18, 2014.

1. AdamMeinerding

AdamMeinerding

Hey guys,

I know this stuff has probably be answered, so simply directing me to another thread will also work, I couldnt find anything with the search.

My Eden WT550, usually after I've played a minute, I'll get loud crackly sounds, with the preamp light blinking with it. Its unrelated to my volume or playing.

I already got it repaired a few months ago, and got really hosed, and now its acting up. What sort of things should I be checking and figuring out?

I'm not tech guy, I opened it up, but not sure where to go from here.

HELP

Signed,

Frustrated Eden Owner, damn head is costing me too much money...
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I'm not sure if this applies to your particular amplifier. In some, the the power for the preamp is derived from the main = and (-) rails of the power amp. It's dropped using a pair of power resistors which get quire hot. Over time the solder joints degrade until they get crackly. The cure is to resolver both ends of these two resistors.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The resistors are big white ceramic rectangles and the weak point of the Eden design. There is a mod thread out here that mounts external resistors as the PCBs have been damaged by the excessive heat on many units.

Good morning Paul :D

Thread http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/eden-wt-800-hot-farting-out-943946/index3.html#post13667733