1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eden WT550 with 2 1x12?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AdamMeinerding, Aug 11, 2012.

1. AdamMeinerding

AdamMeinerding

Hey guys,

I have an Eden WT550 and and an 8 ohm Eden D115. It sounds great, but a lot of gigs the D115 is simply just too big for the venue/stage/music or too big for carpooling.

I've been thinking of getting 2 1X12 Eden cabinets. Or maybe getting a 2X10. In the end I really want to just have a lot of different cabinets and a couple heads of varying power so I can mix and match... but anyway.

Does anyone have any insight to doing something like this? I really love the sound I get from my D115 and WT550 so I want a way to get that on the smaller gigs.
  2. bobcruz

bobcruz

I like pairing 112s, stacked vertically for a smaller stage footprint and to get the upper speaker closer to my ears. I often stack them with the bottom one aiming across the stage and the top one aiming at me.

If you can, try out the Eden 112s before you buy. The top of the line D112XLT is very colored, with thinner low end than many other 112s and a huge, loud, in your face midrange emphasis. Using two of them fills in the lows a bit and slightly smoothes the midrange, but they're still highly colored. I haven't tried Eden's more affordable 112s but I understand they're more "normal" sounding.

Good luck, Bob
  3. MF_Maher

MF_Maher Supporting Member

Adam, that is exactly my "gig rig" and has been for about four years. I've never tried just an Eden 115 with that head, so I can't compare that for you, sorry. I really like the flexibility of this rig (550 and two 112s)--and the portability. And, hey, I like the sound, too...
  4. AdamMeinerding

AdamMeinerding

Thanks for the input guys.
  5. 1954bassman

1954bassman

I have owned a bunch of Eden cabs - my all-time favorite is the D112XLT. the only thing better is to increase how many you use. I stack 'em vertical also.
  6. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I'm running my WT550 through two 4 ohm Avatar 112 deltas. Brings it down to 2 ohms and I get the best tone I have ever had even down to the low B. Get the Avatars,not much money, killer sound, great company.
    [​IMG]