Eden WTDI into a power amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by RadioactiveGuy4, Dec 31, 2012.

1. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

I'm going to be picking up a Eden WTDI and I was looking to get some suggestions for a power amp to run it into. I have been looking into Carvin PA's and I like the HD1500 on paper. I am looking to stay under $300.00 :bassist:

2. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

Good choice I would say.
    Anyway, the important part is the front end, the WTDI :D

3. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I just bought a Bugera Nuke on Amazon for $208 with free shipping for use as a power amp with my WTDI. I figure it's about 2000 legit watts RMS into 4 ohms. They advertise peak values and they are bogus.

Who knows, maybe all the pre-amp features might be decent in it afterall but I know the WTDI will kill with it.

4. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

I just got to sit down with the WTDI tonight and do some recording with it and I love it! So now it just finding a good pre amp to go with it!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

A tad over $300, but I've had great results with my Peavey IPR1600 and my Eden Navigator. It's been rock solid.

7. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

The Peavey does look nice and they are on sale on MF right now I might just have to pick one up! Can I get some of you PA pros to tell be how to best hook this rig up.

I think i would be running like this:

MP Jazz Bass ---> Eden WTDI----> Power Amp---->Peavey TVX 4x10. I do have an Ampeg Cab that can be run Bi Amped and I was wondering how I would hook that up. Its an Ampeg PH1832 cab.

8. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

Just did some looking and i think i might pull the trigger on a Behringer iNuke NU1000 power amp!

9. PatQ

PatQ

10. Mykk

Mykk

I have a Behringer Inuke Nu6000DSP used as a slave amp for my Mesa, but it also serves as a nice power amp for the Eden WTDI.

Each channel of the Nu6000 sounds (to me) like a solid 500 watts, that being said the individual channels of the 6000 aren't bridgable so perhaps if a single channel amp is all you need a Nu3000 could suit your needs. I couldn't imagine a Nu1000 being nearly enough. These advertised power ratings are weird marketing fluff.

However, with a $300 dollar budget I'd keep my eyes glued on the used market (Craigslist & Ebay)

Stay away from GLI pro and their appealing pricing, I blew one up the first night I got it half way through a set.

11. dincz

dincz

There is really no mystery about the power figures. The real (RMS) power ratings are listed in the spec sheet on Behringer's web site. The NU6000 does 2 x 2200W RMS (4 ohms) and no, it can't be bridged as each channel uses a pair of bridged power modules already.

The NU3000 is not single channel. It uses one of the same power modules for each channel and so can be bridged if necessary. It does 2 x 1100W (2 ohm) or 2200W bridged (4 ohm).

I've seen independent tests that confirmed these power figures.

12. Mykk

Mykk

Ok, if independent tests and product data are correct. Than why is my old Crest Vs1500 so much louder and capable of producing more volume before clipping than my Nu6000?

http://www.crestaudio.com/media/pdf/vs1500_5-20-97.pdf

13. dincz

dincz