1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Educate me about the Cort GB35A?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by autodidact, Feb 7, 2014.

1. autodidact

autodidact

So I'm in the market for a cheap 5er (cheap being under $200 for me.) I've found a used Cort GB35A online for just a few bucks over my limit but I don't have the opportunity to try it first.

From the sparse information I've found on the Cort website it sounds pretty flexible with the 2 band EQ, it's also active/passive for when I don't want such a hi-fi active sound. The string spacing looks a little wider than I'm used to but I don't think that should be too much of an issue.

Have any of you folks owned one of these basses and could fill me in on your personal experience?

Thanks in advance!
  2. autodidact

autodidact

3. Paddy23

Paddy23

I have that exact bass, is it great? No, but it's definitely a very good bass for the price. I bought mine a week or so ago on ebay.

The neck is big, and I mean big, but that makes the string spacing a bit wider so it's okay for slap. It's one heavy son of a gun as well, i found it has a bit of a neck dive but nothing a decent strap can't fix. The passive/active electronics are great, gives it a great tonal variety!

What else is there to say? It looks great, feels great and plays great (not that I can play any good but I'm comfortable playing it).

It's great if you're looking for a reasonably priced 5er
  4. Orangeclawhamme

Orangeclawhamme

I had the 4 string version. I'd still be using it, but have found out that I am a short scale guy. For around $200, I don't know how you can do better. The controls are easy to understand. It has a nice palette of sounds. I can't speak to the five string neck, but I found mine easy enough to play. It balanced nicely, but then the five string neck could make it heavier.
  5. autodidact

autodidact

I'm getting the money tomorrow so here's another bump! Any other info would be appreciated!

Right now its between the Cort and a Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V