effect chain order

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mouth_Plugbass, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mouth_Plugbass

Mouth_Plugbass

Hi all, just need some help and clarification to the effect chain order i'm currently using for my pedalboard, As I have just started chaining all my effects together (never needed to before). I'm not looking to experiment at this stage, just want to be boring and play it safe. Will this be OK?

Bass > tuner > Wah > Bass Big Muff > MXR Analog Chorus > ISP Noise gate > DD-3 Delay.

I plan to buy a proper compressor soon, maybe after my wah or at the very end of the chain. Thoughts?
  2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

With the comp, I'd give this a shot:

Bass > tuner > Wah > comp > Bass Big Muff > MXR Analog Chorus > ISP Noise gate > DD-3 Delay.

As for the noise gate, I'm not familiar with the ISP, my only experience with similar pedals is with the Boss NS-2, which I ended up ditching 'cause I felt it was a bit of a tone sucker. I went for the better-cables-less-noisy-chain-sequence approach and learn to live with whatever noise was left.
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

The ISP is an awesome gate, but the better oiption is to eliminate whatever it is that's making the noise to begin with.
  4. Mouth_Plugbass

Mouth_Plugbass

yeah i've been a bit disappointed with the ISP. what do you think about putting the compressor at the very end of the chain? will it kill my sound significantly? i've heard of some people who can use that to great effect though...
  5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I tried it and didna like, but there are players that have that set-up and will swear by it, maybe they'll chime in. I'd say at least give it a go, your ears will tell ya something.