1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Effect return and regular amp inputs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

I double on Electric upright and BG. On the same amp, in my case a Markbass F1, can I plug my EUB with connected pre into the F1's effect return and at the same time plug my BG into the input on the front of the F1 without damaging the F1?

2. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

Disclosures:
    Too many to list.
    Most likely when you plug anything into the EFX return, it does not pass what is plugged into the main input.

But try it.

Acoustic Image amps allow what you are wanting to do.

I guess there are two possible scenarios: Yes it will, or no it won't.

I do a similar thing as to what you want to do.

I have a GK 700RB. My electric bass is plugged into the input (normal operation). Then, from the EFX Send, I plug into an Art AB Switcher, channel A. I also plug a Fishman Preamp (my electric upright) into Channel B. The switcher then goes to the EFX return. I can then switch either instrument on.

[​IMG]

I EQ the electric with the GK, and EQ the EUB with the Fishman.

On small gigs, I use an Acoustic Image Ten2. It has TWO separate channels. :D

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

I don't know if all are but I do know some MarkBass units have a parallel effects loop, not the serial effects loop like most amps use.

4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Meaning, it may work, or it may not.

The A/B switcher gets around the usual serial loop.

If yours is like the other MB amps with the parallel loop you'll be able to plug right in, but it will be a blend, so you'd need to turn down the other bass.

5. Register to disable this ad