1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Effect with two red led eyes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flatwound Funk, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Flatwound Funk

Flatwound Funk

I remember seeing a picture of an effect pedal that had a guy and his two eyes were red leds that turned on when the pedal was active. Does anyone know what the pedal is called? I think is was a fuzz/overdrive or a noise box type thing.
  2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Was it the IdiotBox Mad Doctor stutter pedal?

3. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

The Sauron Seraph, there was also a Sauron Musket. Both were rehouses etched by John Fromel.

[​IMG]
  4. OhValhalla

OhValhalla

5. fremaochris

fremaochris

Both were rehouses etched by John Fromel.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  6. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    We do a Demon King that has light up eyes.
  7. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

8. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

Ohnoho Utter Stutter?
  9. Flatwound Funk

Flatwound Funk

Yeah! thanks this was what I was looking for. The other pedals you guys found were cool too!
  10. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

sutter pedal: also known as square wave tremolo?
  11. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

Just going from youtube demos but to me the IdiotBox Mad Doctor and also the "chop" mode on the Diamond tremolo sound clearly different than a square wave tremolo. Both of these completely remove the signal from the audio path during the off cycle, to my ears the sound is more dramatic than a square wave trem.
  12. wdinc01

wdinc01

Glad I could help!

Right. I would say the Mad Doctor is more akin to a killswitch on your guitar than a square wave tremolo. I have a EQD Hummingird, and its more of a pulse than completely cutting out the signal. Its close, but not quite a complete kill of signal. Not to mention the Mad Doctor (from what I've read, never had the opportunity to try one out) has a knob that controls the ratio of on/off, where as a square wave tremolo goes at a constant rate. I'm not familiar with the Diamond Tremolo. I'll have to check that out.
  13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

[​IMG]

Rick Gram Franken Tone?
  14. bassicsax

bassicsax

I think somebody here has a BOD that has rehoused to where it meets that description as well...