1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Effects setup question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by quantumphan, Dec 12, 2013.

1. quantumphan

quantumphan

I have limited knowledge of pedal setups and am seeking some suggestions.

I run my pedalboard through the input of my amp. Recently, I picked up a multi-effects processor I would like to incorporate. Should I run one through the send/return and the other through the input? Does anyone advise using one over the other?

Thanks for any advice.
  2. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

Without knowing anything more about any of your gear, I would put everything through the front end of your amp. If the multi is not a rack unit, then definitely keep it in front of the amp.
  3. Lownote38

Lownote38

If you plan on using distortion and/or a "wah" effect of any type, don't use the effects send/return. It doesn't work well with those effects. I always go from my bass to my pedals and then into the amp. I never use the effects loop.
  4. quantumphan

quantumphan

thanks for your feedback. processor is a floor unit, not rack. I've messed with running my bass straight to the processor and patching that to the pedalboard, which creates a fair amount of amp noise. It works fine, but I am looking to minimize the noise as much as possible. Thanks again.
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Noise can be eliminated by using isolated power to each device, and by watching any and all of your gain stages.