1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Effects used "On My Way To The Cage" by Rollins Band

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Melvin Gibbs, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Melvin Gibbs

Melvin Gibbs

For the people who'd like to know what effects I used on "On My Way To The Cage":

"On The Way To The Cage" by Rollins Band
    bass signal path:

Black Tobias (made by Tobias, not Gibson) Bass
    into Ibanez LS 2 line selector

Channel A:
    Big Muff
    into
    Mesa Boogie 400+ w 1x 18" and 4x10" cab

Channel B:
    Ibanez WH 10 wah 1/2 open w/ built -in distortion on low setting
    into
    Mesa Boogie 400+ w 1x 15" and 4x 10" cab

wah off on B sections
  2. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Thanks again Melvin!

Did you use blended signals for all of your overdrive/fuzz tones, or did you use them on their own?
  3. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Every time I listen to your work with Rollins Band, I'm reminded of how indebted I am to you for tonal inspiration. Great stuff and thanks for tipping us off on the details.:)
  4. alec

alec

Nice work Melvin! I'm a big fan of your work with Rollins Band. It must have been awesome playing with Sim.
  5. jungleheat

jungleheat

Just want to say that's one of my favorite albums of the 90s, along with Weight as well. That lineup really maximized what you can do with just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals.