Effects with Wireless

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by duderus, Jan 6, 2013.

1. duderus

duderus

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a wireless, I want a rackmount digital however, with my current setup I need to run my effects before my amp (which i generally like better anyways).

HOwever, should I not get teh rack mount since I need to run my effects before? I am thinking of now getting the smaller version to put on my pedalboard. How else would you do this?
  2. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

I've done both. Rack mount wireless just means that, in your case, you're going to run an additional cable (out of the wireless to the pedal board) whereas a wireless on your pedal board would not require that.

I run the Line 6 G30 now and the receiver is on my pedal board. Makes setup simple in that I run one cable from the end of the chain to the amp. It's not like running one more for a rack unit is really difficult but, hey, it's one more and, afterall, who wants another wire around when you're trying to be "wireless".
  3. rhopper

rhopper

Same here... the G30 on my pedal board works flawlessly.
  4. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    G50 More bells and whistles than the G30 but they both sound great.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TrevorCJ

TrevorCJ

G30 all the way. Amazing wireless, very convenient.
  7. burl0029

burl0029

One more for the G50. I'll never go back. I've even contemplated putting another wireless on my board to send signal to the amp. Now if only there were a way to power pedals without an adapter.... ;)
  8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

In your case I would go with the pedal version. No hassles, just put it on your pedal board. The pedal versions have great range.
  9. silasreid

silasreid

I am wondering the same thing. is there any adventage to the rackmount version?