1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Efrano, Gotz, Lenzner or Clef plain gut G and D strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Hofimbass, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Hofimbass

Hofimbass

Dec 11, 2013
    Hello guys!

I just want to ask you, which plain gut strings are the best? I'm using now Velvet Garbos but i want a really gut for G and D. Can you give me some advice?
    Thanks

2. I just put a Gamut Lyon G on one of my basses, along with a Garbo Light D and Garbo E&A and like the combination very much. Another one of my basses wears a set of Pirastro Chorda Carlos Henriquez, which are also excellent strings but have a very different personality, much more blunt and forceful, at least on that particular bass.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. lrhbass

lrhbass Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Dallas,Tx.
    Pistoy Gamut...some of the best !

5. I'm really loving my Pistoys, as well. Of the more affordable options, I've only tried the Lenzners, which I also really liked. I don't know if it would really make much of a difference between the ones you listed...compared to spending a bit more money (on say, Gamuts, Dlugolecki, Genssler). If I hadn't tried the Gamut, I'd be totally happy thumping away on my Lenzners...I had Dlugolecki D/G and sold those to keep the Gamut on my bass and Lenzners as backup.