1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EHX Bass Micro Synth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shoesandbasses, Jan 31, 2013.

1. shoesandbasses

shoesandbasses

Yeah, I sucked it up and bought one - I had purchased the MarkBass Octaver, realized it sucked, and used Guitar Center's trade-in special to get the brand new micro synth for $190.

So, I haven't even plugged it in... Just wanted to hear your stories. Band practice isn't for 12 hours!

Pedal chain: EHX Mole > MXR Bass Envelope > MarkBass Tube Compressore > EHX Micro Synth > TCE PolyTuner

On a homemade pedalboard that resembles the Pedal Train.

What do you think, Bassers?

2. shoesandbasses

shoesandbasses

I'll post a pic of my board later today!

3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

One of my very favorite pedals.
    It's possibilities are almost limitless.
    Enjoy the new toy!

4. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

I just picked one up here last week on the forums. I've used it in 2 gigs. Love it. Guys I play with dig it too. Check out the EHX recomended settings. I had a hard time getting good sounds til I saw that.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. speak2planets

speak2planets Supporting Member

Someone tell me if I'm wrong here but shouldn't you try to put the synth as close to first in the chain for tracking purposes?

7. Phagor

Phagor

Yeah, I would recommend putting it first for tracking reasons.

Also you can experiment with using the MXR Bass Envelope to add to or replace the BMS filter. And the MarkBass Tube Comp and Mole will be useful to fatten up the tone of the BMS.

8. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    Albums:
    Actually with his chain I don't really agree. As long as he isn't running the envelope filter and BMS at the same time it should work great. The compressor and the Mole should only help tracking.

That location allows the envelope filter to be tamed by the compressor and the BMS to get a better signal sent to it from the compressor.

To the OP, if you can get some time with it before band practice, I'd recommend doing it. There's a learning curve to the BMS, but it's a great pedal.

9. shoesandbasses

shoesandbasses

That was good info, I agree with you on using the comp. to give the BMS a good signal and tone. I seldom use the envelope anyway, so when it's off and in true bypass mode, it won't effect the tracking for the BMS.

And yes I'm going to practice early to learn, and yes I'm going to try the presets.

I appreciate everyone's input, actually. I'm very new to an account on TB, although I've been reading posts for years.

I play the Ibanez Prestige SR5006, the 6-string. That baby sounds great!