EHX Crying Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HeebHammer70, Oct 24, 2013.

1. HeebHammer70

HeebHammer70

2. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

Seems pretty cool. The fuzz is decent and a controllable lpf is a nice touch. I wouldn't mind trying it out, myself.
  3. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

No stores in my area seem to have this on hand yet... Has anybody tried it yet? Are there any other similar products on the market?
  4. skwee

skwee

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use the none bass version of this called the Talking pedal and I really dig it.

The Crying bass wah sounds pretty interesting.

EHX endorser.
  7. jetbike

jetbike

This is relevant to my interests.
  8. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

I think they should offer 2 versions, the current one and one that is in a traditional enclosure. I've used their guitar wah thats like this and while it sounded good it was pretty awful to use.
  9. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

What made it so awful to use? Seems to me to be just an optical wah, made to be just the treadle, without the base. The only thing that I can think of is that it might decide to take a walk while you're trying to use it if you don't have a pedal board.
  10. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

too fiddly to turn on/off and I just didn't like the way it felt as well.

crybabys weren't too easy either but at least I know if I give it a good stomp it will turn on.
  11. HeebHammer70

HeebHammer70

I wanna know how these things work. It's getting me angry at this point lol
  12. Woodsbass

Woodsbass

I think I saw a video where they said they used a gyroscope of some kind, since there are no moving parts I'm assuming it's a MEMS gyroscope if that is actually how it works.
  13. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it looks sweet. The idea is bringing newer tech to the masses and it SEEMS to work quite well. I saw a vid on YouTube for it and it sounded great. And the price tag isn't too shabby either. I'd like to try it for sure.
  14. the_puma

the_puma

I bought one and it should arrive in the next 2 days... I'll update you guys with my take on the pedal. I wonder if the EHX Crying tone "hidden tones" are the same for the Crying Bass??

http://youtu.be/cQOAumMYAfA
  15. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

^ awesome! I look forward to reading your review. What was the retail price, if you don't mind my asking?

Some of those "hidden tones" in the vid were pretty cool. I especially liked the square wave wah. Here's to hoping there will be fun things like those to be found in this bass version! :thumbup:
  16. deathsdj

deathsdj

Definitely interested...

Cheers!

MJW
  17. the_puma

the_puma

I bought it in Ebay from Prymaxe Vintage its effect pedal store from Ebay. It cost me $97.02 which I think is a low price considering you are getting two effects in one pedal. The square wave would just blow this pedal over the top.. square wave and fuzz!!! for those that say you cant use that in a "real song" your just creatively challenged and your parents should have bought you more Fisher-Price toys as a child.
  18. the_puma

the_puma

After toying with it several days I know many many people will love it. Make sure to calibrate it as it says in the instructions very important. The fuzz side of the pedal sounds like the TAFM a very awesome pedal. The pedal best sounds when both effects are cranked around 6 LFO and 4 on fuzz but thats for my basses yours might be diffrent. With that said go out and own it!!!!
  19. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

Cool! Glad you like it. Do any of those "hidden" modes work?
  20. the_puma

the_puma

Yes they do. Just follow the calibration instructions. I was gonna make a video but the audio on my phone is not that good.
  21. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

A not-so-great demo is preferable to no demo at all! ;)