EHX English Muff'n (Muffin) TUBE PEDAL, Modded for Bass, with extras, FS or FT (BDDI)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Josh Thatguy, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Up for grabs is an awesome tube pedal with a nice bass-specific mod and a pair of extra differently-gained tubes.

As pictured, I had my tech guy swap out the factory position #C4 cap that was cutting the low end. It's like that from the factory to keep six-string guitar distortion from becoming muddy, but it was also sucking bottoms from my bass setup. He installed an Orange Drop .022uF cap, and BAM, the bass is back: big, thick, savory, and mouthwatering!
    I'm only selling this pedal because it's simply not getting used enough on my board, except for warmup sessions and post-practice jams.

This pedal can make a solidstate rig sound like Lemmy's Murder One stack with the Russian 12AY7 tubes it came with from the factory, which I'll include. It currently has a matching pair of vintage mil-spec GE 12AU7s, which if I recall correctly are 40% of the gain of the 12AY7s. My guitardist swapped a set of 12AX7s one night at the jam room for fun, and it was ohmygodthat'sSLAYERthick tone... bada*s. Even with the bass mod, it sounded fantastic with his 1980 Les Paul... hhhhhhuge!

It comes with the original power source and the 2 sets of tubes, but no box. Looking for $115 shipped to the lower 48; if you're elsewhere, contact me first for shipping rates. Paypal is accepted.

**I'll also TRADE for a Sansamp BDDI pedal, or VT.**

As for my feedback... here's the deal on my one negative from almost a year ago: I traded a vintage Ibanez phaser pedal for a Boss bass eq. I was running the phaser with a 9-volt battery, and it worked great, because I did not have the original power source. The buyer/trader did not contact me until after using, by his own admission, "several" power sources. Now, I'm easy to work with, but to me, if he used a few different power sources on a vintage pedal while trying to find the one that worked, instead of a 9v battery that was working fine, then that "noise that's there now" was on him. Seriously, I'm not here to get one over on anybody. My stuff works, and any issues or conditions will be announced ahead of time. Have faith that the English Muff'n is 100% ready-to-go, with your choice of tube tones.

I'll respond to PMs and messages in the late afternoon and overnight hours because I'm up all night due to a nocturnal schedule. Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
    Mod of #c4

Attached Files:

3. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
    The before & after. C4 on the board is visible in between the two white tube sockets!

Attached Files:

4. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:
    A you-know-you-want-real-tubes-in-your-signal-chain bump.
    Price drop to $115 shipped, still looking for a Sansamp trade....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. theLibrarian

theLibrarian Supporting Member

7. Josh Thatguy

Disclosures:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.