EHX Metaphors hum

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maturanesa, Dec 7, 2013.

1. maturanesa

maturanesa

Im using this pedal and it makes hum. I dont know if its the electrical system in the room, the adapter(no batteries) or just the pedal. Its very rare, when i turn up the volume of the pedal the signal increases but the noise does not. The noise dissapear when i connect the bass directly. Its a noise like "shhhhhhhh". Its unusable in this condition. I dont know what to do.

thanx!
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's a crappy pedal, sell it pronto.
  3. davedblyoo

davedblyoo "All the mayhem and none of the sticky mess." Supporting Member

It might be your power source. Or it might just be the pedal. I haven't used any EH products in a long, LONG time, but had a few of them come through my hands. All of them added noise to my signal, if I recall correctly. If you can, try your pedal with a battery and see if that helps.
  4. Wardevil

Wardevil

It's an awful pedal indeed, i got rid of mine pretty fast. But if it works for you thats great.

As to answer your question, firstly try the pedal with just battery power. If the hiss stops the problem probably lies with the power supply and you should either get a new power supply or check if there's a ground loop. If the hiss just continues it's the pedal and i'm not sure if you could do much about it.
  5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

+ 1
  6. maturanesa

maturanesa

it have just the adaptor, no batteries
  7. Wardevil

Wardevil

I completely forgot about that, my apologies.
    Maybe you can try a different power supply? See if that changes anything.

And if you bought it at a local music store you could possibly go there and ask them for some help. They might be able to help or even give you a new one if it's a factory error.
  8. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

I think that it is a general design flaw in the pedal. People reported this when it first came out.