1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EHX Mole... Something really neat.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zachoff, Dec 21, 2012.

1. zachoff

zachoff

Got an EHX Mole a while back as a present because I sent an online friend a pedal from the local craigslist.

Anyway, had no idea what to do with it and then thought it might be fun to put it in front of a guitar disto and see what happens. Awesomeness happened. The lows are back in town again & the world of bass distortion opened up a ton of doors. After trying tons of pedals (both bass and guitar) I've settled on a Garmopat modded Vox V8-30 as my OD/Disto but I can't say enough what good the Mole does if your disto is stripping your low end. It doesn't put those mega-lows back but definitely gets the low mids cranked up and it sounds awesome.