EHX Polychorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by showergasm, Feb 9, 2013.

1. showergasm

showergasm

hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a sound similar to Geddy Lee's on Moving Pictures and Signals... that distorted and compressed sound with a light chorus and what sounds like a doubler/short slapback on the bridge pickup of his rick. I thought to get the EHX Polychorus since it could get that "doubling effect" or chorus, however not both at the same time, I don't think. Anyone have any word on using this pedal with bass?
  2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

That doubling effect on the Polychorus is VERY limited, because the blend ratio is fixed. And you're right, it can't be used at the same time as the chorus effect. The polychorus really shines as a flanger IMO.

I can't think of one single pedal that will do both light chorus and slapback echo, but you could use most any affordable chorus pedal and delay pedal in sequence.
  3. showergasm

showergasm

Thanks, that about sums it up for me. I'll look elsewhere.

Do you have any recommendations on a delay pedal that can make slapbacks short enough to create a doubling effect? The chorus I can probably figure out.. an MXR or something.
  4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

the boss dd-7 has a doubling setting suggestion in the manual. It's been a while since I used it on bass, but I remember liking it enough.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    I don't know if this will sound the way you want, but a Zoom MS50G has a detune, traditional chorus, and a couple of delay effects in it. The BT100 has a few extra of each. If you can try one out either may suit your needs.
  7. Rob Fossil

Rob Fossil

I'll just leave this here:

8. showergasm

showergasm

That's fantastic! So is it actually doubling the signal? I can't tell or find much on it online.