1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EHX Ravish Sitar

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Feb 1, 2013.

1. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

I just purchased this from a TBer and would like to hear if anyone here uses it for solo work or a band situation and how you like the pedal. From a few videos I've seen on youtube, I'm going to love the pedal.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

You have it backwards. YOU have the pedal, so you're supposed to tell US how it sounds, and what it can do with a bass guitar.

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

2nd time in the last week or so someone buys a pedal and asks TBers what's their toughts on it afterwards. Interesting trend...:rolleyes:

4. garmenteros

I still don't have it as its in shipping, but I'll post some clips when I mess around with it, just wanted to know some starting point settings others have used.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

I remember Juan alderete post one of his setting on his fb page I think. Pedalsandeffects.com

7. blastjv

blastjv

Haven't tried it on bass, but my guitarist used it on the intro to track 11 Breath of the Hourglass on our new album (in my sig below). It sounds awesome!

-JV

8. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Listening to youtube samples of it right now. I vaguely remember it not meeting expectations on initial release on these boards, but the samples all sound really good.

9. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I'm also curious to hear samples on bass. Can't see using it in the present context, but, still, curious.

10. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

The clips make it sound like it would be REALLY REALLY versatile, but the clips are in many ways all it is. Plus there are lots and lots of icepick to the ears sounds in it. I spent about 45 minutes in store with one and the guys behind the glass said that it was the first time they heard someone get a good sound out of it, but it took some tweaking and patience. I think the greatness of the pedal is in its drone assignment, but that function isn't intuitive to get into without a manual (at least not for me).

11. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    I had one for a while but I sold it last week. IMO, it's an awesome sounding pedal (and IME, NOT' ice-picky' sounding at all). it's pretty versatile and you can get a lot of sounds out of it. I just had limited use for a sitar pedal. that said, I may end up buying another one in the future. ;)

12. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Without judicious use of the filter, the lead gets REALLY high pitched and harsh IIRC. I poor use of the timbre controls can lead to really bad sounds. I liked it, it's just my explanation for it falling flat on this board. I still want one, but it's on a list behind about 14 different things and I haves none moneys. I'm pretty much just living vicariously through you guys right now :).

13. blastjv

blastjv

IIRC, the big key to making it sound great is splitting the signal to 2 different rigs, one does the drone and the other does the 'lead. I think it got pretty messy into just one rig.

-JV

14. garmenteros

Just got mine yesterday. I will be recording clips (isolated bass tracks) and messing with it hopefully this weekend or tonight if I'm feeling adventurous after band practice. I'm thinking of posting clips of each of the modes (minor, major, exotic) with settings I can find useable.

First impression is this pedal is really tweakable but will likely benefit from a bass that sports lots of treble and light strings. My main goal for it as of now is to go creative and be able to use it to play kashmir and make the song ours in a way. If this works out my band will record it in the studio and I'll post it here.

15. alec

alec

I just realized that this could sound pretty special with the octave course 8 string that I'll be getting soon.

Has anyone tried this combo?

16. garmenteros

It sounds awesome with an ibanez rickenbacker copy I'll tell you that. My 5 string jazz not so much, but I'm sure some tweaking would get me good sounds.

17. garmenteros

18. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

Very cool.

Thinking of picking one of these up in the next few days for this psychedelic project that I am working on. Hoping the learning curve isn't too too steep. Any other thoughts about the pedal? I could use it on bass or guitar.