1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

El Capistan or Flint, please help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Quack, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Quack

Quack

Hi!
    This will be my first post here on the forum.

Here's the deal:

I bought a Strymon Timeline 'cause all i ever used the line6 m9 for was the looper and the time based effects.

I'm really happy with the TL but i'll have to buy a midi controller to use the looper in the way i want.
    I was quite determined that it together with the Flint would cover my needs regarding time based fx. UNTIL i saw the Pigtronix Infinity looper.. It's perfect!

So now will i sell the TL to buy the Infinity Looper and this puts me in the decision on witch pedal to put the money on.

I have started to use reverb more frequently the last year, to get a nice ambience when playing in "acoustic" settings or during solo's, the tremolo of the flint is also an selling argument. It is always good to have a nice tremolo at hands when playing the synthy stuff!:bassist:
    That's when, during the synthy stuff(and during loopsessions), the delay is a must!
    The Capistan has the qualities that i like in an delay the ability to go from a clean digital delay to lofi junk and cutting the bass frequencies to prevent muddyness (witch still will occur when putting delay to bass)..

You see my dilemma?:confused:

And i feel that i can not sell the TL until i've made my decision.

I also need to get the pog2 for my proggmetal band, i play four stringed and we need more lows..

Please help me to decide!:crying:

...This is really a silly problem... :eyebrow:

2. Insouciance

Insouciance

El Cap. I love it. It has all those secondary functions and so much power in the attributes of the "tape machine" you have control over. There is reverb on the secondary functions too, so you can get a nice delay/reverb vibe going. Tap tempo too!

I've never tried a Flint, so I can not comment, but the Cap is at the very least, amazing.

3. Quack

Quack

Ok, i did the only sane thing in this situation..
    I got them both!

Attached Files: