Electra Outlaw MPC Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjbassist, Dec 3, 2012.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Anyone know about these basses? Just found one for sale and I'm intrigued by it. It's from 1978. I know they use plug in effects modules in the back off the body. The one I found is in good shape and has the original case. They are asking $350 for it. What do you think?
  2. dje31

dje31

Does that include any of the modules? If so, do they work? Probably near impossible to get support if they don't. I also think I read that those make it pretty heavy.

Still, if you're collecting, it would be one not a lot of other folks have...esp. if you're a Chris Squire fan. He still uses his on-stage on occasion.
  3. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

these basses are awesome, I have 2 of them one is the charcoal burst the other is tobacco burst. depending on the condition $350 is a good price. I have all the modules, the best ones are the filter follower,phase shifter,flanger,octave unit. check out the electra mpc web site,great info on the history etc. you can find the modules on ebay but depending on the module they can go for a lot of money.
  4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

5. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

This is about all I know about them:

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    The modules themself are very light. The bass has some heft to it, maybe around 9 lb. Here's mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$350's a fair price... granted, I got mine along with a Kramer DMZ4000 for $375 from a pawnshop.
    :cool:
  7. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Cool old basses, cool shape. But... it's HILARIOUS looking at that conglomerate of Ricko-Gibby-Fender copy components that make up the bulk of that bass.