1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Electric Upright Cello

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bluebird28, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bluebird28

bluebird28

This youtube video of an NS Electric Cello is just inspiring and the female instrumentalist is easy on the eyes. She also seems to enjoy her work. I just thought you all might enjoy this. At 3:35 into the vid she switches to what looks to me as a 6 string NS EUC.
  2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Thanks for the link. I dig the arco tone she has. Cant wait to get mine.
  3. malloybow

malloybow

So that is Montana Skies, with Jen on cello. Saw them last night in Cape Cod Mass. She is a monster on the acoustic cello and uses the 6 string electric to extend the range. Scorching violin range solos and great sounding bass lines. Husband is a classical/ flamemco style guitarist. They have a unique sound and are not to be missed. two virtuosos!
  4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Picking up my NS Cello tomorrow, though we might need a boat!

Ill throw some pics on this thread and work on some audio.

:)
  5. bluebird28

bluebird28

Excellent Coyoteboy I look forward to your post.