Electro Harmonix battle

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jaruquin, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jaruquin

Jaruquin

Big Muff vs Blogger?...... and go!
  2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

They both lose!
  3. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

The ref wins
  4. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    aaaaaaaand /thread

Seriously though, OP they are different pedals with different voices. What specifically are you looking to find out?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jaruquin

Jaruquin

What pedal do you like. What's the difference? I thought they where both distortion.
  7. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

There's lots of boutique love in this forum.

The big muff is classic but inconsistent. Smaller companies seem to make more reliable muff copies.

The blogger is just strange. The demo I found online is useless and the feature set seems lacking. But...I've never heard one in person so I will reserve my judgement until that time.

I say find a store with a liberal return policy and trust your gut.
  8. bassbrad

bassbrad

Personally I hated the Blogger, too NuRock for my tastes, but the kid I sold it to just loved it on guitar and bass.

BMP is a classic that I have a love/hate relationship with but there are several versions that are revered and others that are reviled and the boutique versions are in most cases of better quality.
  9. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Actually a Big Muff is Fuzz. There is a difference between Fuzz, Distortion, and Over Drive. I'll refer you to the FAQ at the top of the effects forum page, lots of good info there.
    As far as fuzz goes, I do have expensive-ish taste. I like the Iron Ether Oxide, Smallsound/Bigsound Team Awesome Fuzz Machine!, MountainKing Electronics Megalith, and more, including a few beefed up muffs clones.
    I think the Blogger is a horrible pedal from the bit I have heard. If you want to some of those features but with more practicallity maybe look at the MXR M80 Bass DI+. I am not a fan of a lot of EHX stuff except a few maybe the Green Russian Muffs. I mean, I give them credit for a lot of stuff but just not my cup of tea. I find that a lot of their products have not well thought out features or an awesome feature implemented badly.
    As far as distortion goes Dr. Scientist The Elements is great, Rat clones are cool (rat king/tail) I have a Earthbound Audio Iron Pig on the way (the demo sounds DOPE). I have a pedal that rides the rails between distortin and fuzz, the Iron Ether QF2.
  10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Dirt comes in 3 main flavors- overdrive, distortion, and fuzz. If that were the end of it, it would be easy, but each of those 3 flavors has dozens or more sub-flavors. It's complicated, and every player has his/her own taste. So really, the only way you'll ever be completely satisfied, is trial and error, over a long time. Best advice_ try out as many as you can, listen to demo's, research, and then decide. In all likelyhood, you'll change it up for something "better" anyway, several times over. Be patient, and good luck.