Eleven Rack or Real Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by CAFan, Apr 8, 2014.

1. CAFan

CAFan

In my studio I currently use an Acoustic brand bass amp with a 10" speaker. I plug my bass into a Tech 21 VHT (ampeg simulator) pedal and mic it with a Shure kick drum mic.

How do you you think using an Eleven Rack and recording direct would compare? Is the Eleven Rack as good or better than my current set up??

I'm considering getting an Eleven Rack to record my electric guitars and bass tracks.

I'm using a Squier Mustang bass and I'm getting a Douglas Violin bass with flatwound strings for studio recording. I greatly appreciate any input. THANK YOU!

2. DonaldR

DonaldR

I use an Eleven Rack to play guitar both recording and live, absolutely fantastic but you have to spend some time building your own presets (elevenrackpresets.com is a good starting point).
    I didn't spend enough time on the Eleven Rack to play with the Ampeg SVT model on it. If the SVT model is as good as guitar models on the 11R, it will be very very close to a real Ampeg SVT, but to have the same sensation you will have to plug into a PA with subwoofers