1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Elixir stainless steels opinions

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Maya403, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Maya403

Maya403

What do yo guys think about them

2. Moosehead1966

Moosehead1966

I am a fan. I have them on my Atkinson P bass and will be putting them on my 2008 American Standard Precision any day. Good thing I live on a border city ( bordering northern Michigan). I get them in the States. Not available in Canada I am told by local music store.

Love the tone, including the subdued high end ' zing' , easy on the hands and last a long time.

Marc

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

4. Moosehead1966

Moosehead1966

Firstly, I salute you mmongo. Your avatar is so deserving!;)
    I was in the 7th row for Time Machine tour and 3rd row for first run (2012) of Clockwork Angels tour . As a Canadian, I am truly proud of my countrymen!!

Thanks again for the extended discourse and information you provided via link. Appreciated. I might try those dragon Skins yet! Any thoughts of the Coated Ernie Ball Slinkies?

Marc

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. steamthief

steamthief

Yuck. Rubbery sound and feel. No bueno.

7. Grissle

Grissle

After 25+ years with Rotos I was surprised, the Elixirs are very good coated or not. Still the Rotos go on for recording but for everything else the Elixirs hold their own.

8. Moosehead1966

Moosehead1966

I hear you Grissle.. I have acidic hands ( less since I quit smoking!! :meh:). That said, It's great to pick up bass a couple of months into a set and still have 'lively' play. That's my take. My boiling strings days are done. + I am not a broke-ass touring musician anymore and can afford certain ' creature comforts' at this stage in life (i.e. more expensive strings)! ha,ha

Marc

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Thanks! Last time I saw them was on the Roll The Bones tour. It's been too long! They have been my favorite band since 1987 or so, and it's been interesting watching Rush become mainstream. Never thought that would happen :)

And I have not tried coated Slinky's.