EMG 45DC & CS wiring help?????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by leftyjay, Mar 28, 2012.

1. leftyjay

leftyjay

I wonder if anyone could help me – I am trying to wire up my 6 string bass with an EMG 45DC that I already own and an EMG 45CS that I have just purchased.

The problem I have is this – I cannot find a wiring diagram for 2 active EMG bass pickups each with independent volume AND independent tone (4 controls), the only ones i can find have a shared master tone (3 control Jazz bass style).

Also the 45DC that I have pre-dates the EMG solderless controls – so I have 1 set of solderless volume and tone controls and 1 set of controls that need to be hard wired.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a diagram for these 2 pickups with a vol/vol/tone/tone configuration and also 18v supply (I assume this is required to run 2 EMG45’s?). 1 of my batteries would go in the battery compartment on the bass, the other in the control cavity. If anyone knows how I should wire up the hardwired controls with the solderless controls that would be great!

Just for info I was planning for the DC to go in the bridge position and the CS in the neck position.

Any help me would be really appreciated!

Cheers!
  2. tylerwylie

tylerwylie Supporting Member

You can use a 9V supply for both. Honestly, if I were in your position I would sell both and get the 45DCX and CSX. If you're using two sets of EMG pickups you can also prevent insertion loss by using the ABC/ABCX blend control.

I think you may have to use the included bus to get the results you're looking for and cannot just wire the pots to each other directly but route them through the bus.
  3. leftyjay

leftyjay

oh thanks for your help. yeah, i can solder the old pickup and pot outputs to the bus, but i still can't quite figure out how to integrate the extra tone pot into the circuit...

why would you sell the DC & CS and get the X versions? Just personal taste and ease due to them being passive? At the end of the day, selling them isn't really an option, i just bought the CS new a few days ago and not ready to lose money on it just yet! ;)
  4. LOWSIX80

LOWSIX80 Supporting Member

Hey Leftyjay, I just read your post. I am curious as to what bass you were working on and how you liked your setup. I have the same Pickups I am planning on putting in my Warwick Thumb 6 and I'm trying to decide on which one to put in each position. I have already installed the BQC controls with the original Barts. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
  5. Register to disable this ad