Emg btc on a warwick rockbass double buck

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by vrossi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. vrossi

vrossi

Hello. I have ordered an emg btc control and plan to install it on my 2012 warwick rockbass double $$ which has passive MEC pickups.

However, there is a thread here that says the double buck's volume potentiometer is a 25k pot which is wrong for a humbucker resulting in a muffled tone/suppressed treble.

Compared to my sterling and fender jazz it is a bit muffled even when the tone pot is all the way open.

Do i have to replace my pot to 500k even if i install the emg btc? Would the sound be muffled even if i install the emg btc or would it cure the suppressed treble? Thanks

2. ctmullins

ctmullins Registered thumper Supporting Member

You can use a 500k pot between the pickup and the BTC, or a 25k pot between the BTC and the jack. The former allows for an active/passive switch, if you're going that route.

If you're using a 25k pot with a passive setup, then yeah, it's going to sound muffled.

3. 1bassleft

1bassleft

If you go with the installation diagram, assuming it's similar to my pre-connector (bare wire) BTC, then I'd use the 500k. Doing so, it was right and running first time, despite the added complication of series/para switching.

4. vrossi

vrossi

Ohhh.. So even if I install the btc, it still wouldn't sound right because of the wrong pots? Time to look for 500k pots now..
    Thanks guys

5. Register to disable this ad