1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EMG-HZ problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by XaxMan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. XaxMan

XaxMan

I have a Schecter Hellraiser 5 with two active EMG-HZ pickups, one on the bridge and one at the neck. My amp is an Ampeg B2RE and a SVT410 cab.

The bridge pickup has been sounding very low with no punch for a while. This was not too much of an issue since I primarily used the neck pickup. But about two weeks ago, the other pickup began doing the same thing. I've replaced the batteries and tried a different amp/cables.

I can hit the strings about the pickup and it will begin working again. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am fairly mechanical savvy and I think I can fix it as long as I know what it is.
  2. Steveaux

Steveaux

Not sure what your problem is, but EMG-HZ's are passive. The EQ is active.
  3. icecycle66

icecycle66

You might have a short somewhere. Check allthe wires and make sure there aren't any loose ends.
  4. XaxMan

XaxMan

Ahh. See, I didn't know that it was the eq that is active, not the pickup itself. The battery compartment has two 9 volts so I assumed (ASS out of U and ME I know) that one battery for each.