1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EMG-HZ problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by XaxMan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. XaxMan

XaxMan

I have a Schecter Hellraiser 5 with two active EMG-HZ pickups, one on the bridge and one at the neck. My amp is an Ampeg B2RE and a SVT410 cab.

The bridge pickup has been sounding very low with no punch for a while. This was not too much of an issue since I primarily used the neck pickup. But about two weeks ago, the other pickup began doing the same thing. I've replaced the batteries and tried a different amp/cables.

I can hit the strings about the pickup and it will begin working again. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am fairly mechanical savvy and I think I can fix it as long as I know what it is.

2. Steveaux

Steveaux

Not sure what your problem is, but EMG-HZ's are passive. The EQ is active.

3. icecycle66

icecycle66

You might have a short somewhere. Check allthe wires and make sure there aren't any loose ends.

4. XaxMan

XaxMan

Ahh. See, I didn't know that it was the eq that is active, not the pickup itself. The battery compartment has two 9 volts so I assumed (ASS out of U and ME I know) that one battery for each.

5. Register to disable this ad