1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EMG JV-X - will it all fit in a '71 J?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wateroftyne, Dec 18, 2012.

1. wateroftyne

wateroftyne

Hi all

Does anyone know if EMG JV-X's, and all the bits and bobs, will fit in a '71 J without extra routing?

(I realise the snuggee will have to go. Thanks for the tip, Ed!)
  2. damos

damos

Hello

If the battery fits all fit..
    Try with a 9V battery

Thanks
  3. joelb79

joelb79

I've got two 9v laying down in my Warmoth cavity- and there is enough room (i think) for a carefully placed BTC along with two vol and a tone knob; as long as a 3/4 - 7/8" side jack is drilled. But it fits with room. I think You'll be fine but you might need to remove some of the washers to extend the knobs like Mr. Friedland did