EMG JVX in a Marcus Miller Jazz???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by trjazzluva05, Apr 14, 2014.

1. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Hey everyone....just wondering if it's totally against "bass law" if i took the original pickups and preamp out the MM Jazz and put in JVX pickups??? i love the EMG sound and don't think i would miss miss the original MM preamp... (who would!!!) has anyone done this or have thought about doing it????

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I never did the JVX's but I used to have EMG J's in my 76 Precision. Yes, I know...the store was out of P pickups when I got a J pickup added to it, and I thought it would look cool to have a Precision with Jazz pickups. Loved it back in the day.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

4. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Yeah I've seen his other video showcasing these pickups but this one is even better!!!! That balanced sound that sits well in the mix!!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tylerwylie

tylerwylie Supporting Member

JVX's are quite awesome sounding pickups.

joeyl likes this.
  7. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Yeah i think I'm going to take that plunge and pick them up....i like the fact that the they are totally silent, have great headroom, and i have the option to add a preamp very easily later if i so desire. anyone else have any experience with them?

8. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

They are my favorite EMG pickups, no hum, open sounding, like a 60s J pickup and not compressed like regular actives (at least to my ears)