1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EMG music man pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TjMetalhead, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TjMetalhead

TjMetalhead

Hey everybody, I was looking into perhaps replacing the stock pickup on my stingray 4 with these EMG MMTW or MMCS pickups, it's a single bridge pickup, what are your guy's thoughts and these? Whats the sound difference between the two? Which one would you recommend for the style of music I play? I play Hard Rock and Heavy Metal in the style of AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Black Sabbath and I play with flatwound strings finger style sorta close to Steve Harris tone just a bit more chunky and bassey.