EMG P/H configuration

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nyangsw, Nov 27, 2013.

1. nyangsw

nyangsw

My corrent bass is double DCs.
    I'm considering to replace the neck DC with EMG 40P5 pickup.
    So it can get musicman like sound when trun on the bridge DC.
    And it can get P-bass like sound when only use the neck 40P5.
    I think it can fit so many genre of music.
    I play metal, hard rock, pop music and funk.
    What's your opinion about it?
  2. roninrindra

roninrindra

Worth a try .:) it gives you the best of both world..the P and MM sound ..I have Warwick $$ that have many tonal sound include P,MM & P + MM
  3. nyangsw

nyangsw

Is your Warwick P/H configuration?
    How about the slap sound?
    I want aggresive tone and nice slap sound.
  4. djaxup

djaxup

Warwick $$ have two split humbuckers. They can sound like a J-Bass with both PUs set to single coil, can nicely sound like a MM bass with the serial wiring and bridge PU only and so on.

You can choose single coil, parallel or serial mode for each PU. And that really works... though it has little character of it's own it can emulate a lot of bass styles quite convincingly. If I played in a cover band and needed a versatile bass, this would be my no1 choice. I had a zebrano one for some time, very very nice bass.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. srvlives4evr

srvlives4evr Supporting Member

I believed you've asked similar q's before. Just go ahead and swap the neck DC for P5 since it seems thats the direction you want to go, others have recommended it. It will give you that P sound, just EMG style, it mates well with a DC in the bridge. As for all those tones: aggressive, slap, metal, funk, pop can be acheived with the right eq'ing and technique it's not all about the pickups.
  7. roninrindra

roninrindra

yes,,agree with Djaxup:).very nice and versatile bass .and it has aggresive tone and many nice slap tone...
    Btw..how your opinion about DC?...pros and cons..i already have EMG 40 dcx and i want to install it to my local 5 string jazz bass copy..