1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EMG pickups for Yamaha RBX-170

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GreekDude997, Jan 9, 2013.

1. GreekDude997

GreekDude997

Hey guys! I have decided to change my stock pickups to the EMG PJ set. What do you guys think about these pickups? I play Heavy Metal, so I think these pickups serve the purpose. I have contacted a technician and he told me he might have to route the bass or something. What is "routing" exactly? Thanks in advance!
  2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Hi GreekDude,

maybe (?) he means that he has to do some wood work?
    There are many EMGs now but I think you mean the active ones?
    Than you need a battery - and inside the RBX-170 isn't enough space for a battery.
    It would be best if the battery had an "own chamber", so you needn't reover the normal cover but have an extra battery box.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The PJ set is my favorite of the ones I've played, but I haven't played the PJAX set. The PJX set is cool but a bit brighter than I like.
  4. iunno

iunno

From what I remember, RBX170s have quite a bit of space in the cavity, I think he'll be fine.