EMG quick connect question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ShredderMaximus, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Anybody know where I could get a few of these?;
    [​IMG]
    What I'm looking for is just the quick connect parts by themselves, as in the little part that clips onto the end of the wire and then the black housing part itself.

I got a EMG BQS system with a EMG 45DC and 45TW, but the push/pull pot that I have for the TW is solderless, while the rest of the system is semi solderless, so patching them all together is turning out to be a bit of a thing. (Well, for me as a noobie at least, lol) Honestly all I need is just a few of those metal pieces that fit on the end of the wire, but I'm having a bit of an issue finding them as I really don't know what they're called, can anyone help?

Thanks everyone!

2. JustForSport

JustForSport

3. gpx1200

gpx1200

any good hobby shop, they are the same ones used for rc raido and servo conections

4. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Thanks guys, but I had no luck with EBay or BBG, and since I sorta live out in the middle of nowhere I have no idea where I would find a hobby store... so dang. Any more suggestions? I know they must be common as heck as my computer used a couple of the same connections, I just don't know how to go about finding the right ones.
    Thanks again though guys!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

7. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

8. joeyl

joeyl Supporting Member

let us know if it works out, I am curious

9. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Sorry about the wait, but I finally got an update!

After I made this thread, I kinda took a break from this project as I just had other things to do and it got placed put on the back burner. I never ended up ordering any of those connectors, (but thanks anyways, you guys are great!) but after a few weeks and revitalized eyes, I figured out I just needed another interconnect wire and ordered one of EBay.

Well that very wire came in today, and is in fact now resting inside my fully functional Ibanez SR 406 w/ an all new BQS System, EMG 45DC (neck), and 45TW (bridge). I ended up having to do some dremmel work (I know, I know...) to make the pickups and battery fit, but it turned out well, though the knob placement is pretty wonky, but you gotta do what you gotta do to make it all fit. Another funny thing is that the blend knob works kinda backwards, but as long as I know, right? I can just see another player trying to figure it all out, lol. I also learned the importance of labeling after spending half an hour trying to figure why I was getting no sound, only to figure out I had the output hooked to the wrong lug on the output jack. (Had to use the old long shaft output jack) Other than that though everything went swimmingly. I think I even managed a semi-decent soldering job, even though I had no real experience with it before.

And the tone now, man oh man is it sexy. The range is seemingly endless, especially with that TW in the bridge. The BQS blows the old stock preamp out of the water also, its is incredibly flexible and that mid sweep is great. All in all it was definitely worth the investment as my bass sounds like one at least 2x its price.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, the BQS rules. I've got the BQC, which is the same thing with a 4-knob setup.