1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EMG the only one???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheAngryPocket, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Tried a search, but found goose egg.:confused: Anyone know is Duncan/Basslines is gonna go solderless too?:bawl:

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I think Dimarzio makes a solderless, but don't know too many details about that....

It would probably be a good idea to at least get familiar with soldering, it's a good thing
    to know and have part of your arsenal.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Yeah, I'd like to do so, but my father, who now lives in Jacksonville, was the one who used to do it when I first got into playing/ building. Now that I'm older, I see the importance of such things, but don't have the confidence for it. I guess when it becomes important enough, I'll find a way to learn. :/

5. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Manassas, VA
    As far as I know, EMG's are only solderless using EMG electronics. You have to cut the harness apart to use any other preamp with them.

My Pope preamp has solderless connections, but I had to cut and splice the EMG's to have wire to use with my preamp's connectors.

Michael