1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Eminence 4-string electric upright bass "Cleveland Model"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by deadblues, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadblues

deadblues Supporting Member

SOLD! For Sale only: Eminence 4-string electric upright bass fixed-neck model in very nice condition (other than a few small nicks that are only visible up close, finish is excellent; playability is superb, fingerboard is perfect, and all components in perfect working order). I contacted Gary Bartig when I purchased this bass. He informed me that this is one of the first of about 50 basses that were built in Cleveland, OH. After this run of basses, production was moved to China to lower production costs. I don't know what year this bass was built, but I understand that G. Edward Lutherie moved production to China about 2006. The only difference between this bass and the current Eminence 4-string fixed neck model (other than that it was built in the U.S.) is that the body design is slightly different and the body is a bit narrower. I own a more recent removable neck model in addition to this one, and to my ears they sound (acoustically) and play the same. The pickup on this one was upgraded to a Fishman Full Circle, which is an outstanding pickup and what I installed on my '57 Kay. The previous owner replaced the bridge with a new one. Strings are D'Addario Helicore Hybrids. Padded gig bag included. Price is $1925; buyer to pay shipping costs. The bass and gig bag will be shipped in a large, sturdy box with acres of bubble wrap and millions of Styrofoam peanuts. If you are within driving distance of Rhode Island and would like to view and pick up the bass in person, that is fine also.

Photos can be seen at:
    http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/larkinmj/library/Eminence EUB fixed-neck

2. deadblues

For those who are not familiar with the Eminence bass, it is played by many of the top bassists in many genres such as jazz, bluegrass, folk, Celtic, blues, rock, etc. There is a good collection of videos on the GELBass (manufacturer of the Eminence) website at:
    http://www.gelbass.com/folder/videos.html

3. deadblues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.