1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

EMMA PisdiYAUwot - my first empressions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Shish, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Shish

Shish

The music I'm playing includes a lot of metal riffs with distortion since there are no guitar players. So search for a high-gain distortion pedal that works well on bass was my personal quest. I tried theSyle Umiom, Iron Ether QF2, Dr. Scientist the Elements but each of them had (or didn't have) something that kept me searching.
    And yesterday I got EMMA PisdiYAUwot which I scored for cheap on ebay. And here's what I think about it after two days spent with it. It's awesome! :D
    I think it's looks a bit of misleading. I expected tones of gain but EMMA actually has less gain than Elements (I don't risk going past 9 o'clock with gain knob in high-gain mode with it). PisdiYAUwot is actually the first pedal that playable for me with the maximum gain!
    Despite being not-so-high-gain distortion, EMMA still sounds very aggressive and "metally". It's not fuzzy at all, but growly and compressed. Just what I was looking for :bassist:
    PisdiYAUwot handles bass signal very well, I noticed no low end loss. And it's not muddy at all, the notes you're playing are very distinctive even on B string.
    Overall I'm very happy with my new EMMA. I didn't find any information about how it works with bass so I decided to share my impressions.

P.S. The name PisdiYAUwot sounds really funny for a Russian-speaking people cause it sounds like swearing :D
  2. alec

alec

I don't see any bass demos on YouTube but the guitar ones sure sound sweet!