EMMA PisdiYAUwot - my first empressions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Shish, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Shish

Shish

The music I'm playing includes a lot of metal riffs with distortion since there are no guitar players. So search for a high-gain distortion pedal that works well on bass was my personal quest. I tried theSyle Umiom, Iron Ether QF2, Dr. Scientist the Elements but each of them had (or didn't have) something that kept me searching.
    And yesterday I got EMMA PisdiYAUwot which I scored for cheap on ebay. And here's what I think about it after two days spent with it. It's awesome! :D
    I think it's looks a bit of misleading. I expected tones of gain but EMMA actually has less gain than Elements (I don't risk going past 9 o'clock with gain knob in high-gain mode with it). PisdiYAUwot is actually the first pedal that playable for me with the maximum gain!
    Despite being not-so-high-gain distortion, EMMA still sounds very aggressive and "metally". It's not fuzzy at all, but growly and compressed. Just what I was looking for :bassist:
    PisdiYAUwot handles bass signal very well, I noticed no low end loss. And it's not muddy at all, the notes you're playing are very distinctive even on B string.
    Overall I'm very happy with my new EMMA. I didn't find any information about how it works with bass so I decided to share my impressions.

P.S. The name PisdiYAUwot sounds really funny for a Russian-speaking people cause it sounds like swearing :D
  2. alec

alec

I don't see any bass demos on YouTube but the guitar ones sure sound sweet!