1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Empty Ampeg 8x10 cab need advice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by REMBO, Dec 1, 2013.

1. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

I have an empty 8x10 Ampeg 1971 square back cab!!

I would like advice on the best replacement speakers!

32ohm....the cab will obviously need to= 4ohms

i'm looking for speakers that can take a good pounding & have great tone too!

Thanks!!:rolleyes:
  2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've not heard the B810, but the best speakers I've heard since the CTS's that your flatback originally came with are the ones in the Heritage 810e. I don't know if they sell them separately, though.
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Not what Ampeg uses in the Heritage but the B810 is close. This is the speaker that Ampeg uses in their regular 810 cabs. The original CTS speakers are available from time to time on ebay. You might need to get them reconed so factor that into the cost. The Weber 10FL bass speaker is another possibility.
  7. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

A speaker you might consider is the Jensen MOD 10-50 .... it is a good sounding speaker, and it comes in the 32 ohm spec, but it has a 50 watt power handling rating ... years ago when I had a 810, I loaded it in the top 4 and it turned a somewhat iffy sounding cabinet to one I liked .... I just got tired of hauling an 810