EMZ HZ pick ups problems ... help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jzonbass, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jzonbass

jzonbass

I have a spector euro rebop with tone pump I'm have a buzz when the treble is turned up high still has great tone but has hum/ buzz, checked all wiring an no brakes , I change output jack and still have problem. Can any one help.... thanks
  2. Vakmere

Vakmere

Its supposed to buzz when the treble is cranked to max. Nature of the beast with HZs. Even when I had DC45's in my Euro 6er the treble would buzz a bit if I over did it. It was not due to a malfunction of the preamp in the bass. Solution is to stop maxing out the treble on your bass. Not needed that high anyway. Run the treble at 12 o'clock on the bass and raise the treble on your head instead. You shoud not have hum. Hum is something else. Buzz sounds like static on a bad radio station. If you are trying to achieve a certain sound from a band you like then look into using D'Addario XL strings. Pretty good match on a Spector.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Does the buzz go away when you touch the strings/metal/bridge, does it get louder or does it remain constant?
  4. Vakmere

Vakmere

I don't know does it?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grendle

grendle Supporting Member

Thats from the tone pump being hot. if its a trim pot pump turn it down to about 3-4 and then you can use full boost with no noise. they usually ship hot at around 8-9. That was an issue with a lot of the non trim pumps in them being way too hot. I run mine at about 3 but also run it at full boost, It drives my ampeg pre nicely at that level.
  7. jzonbass

jzonbass

the buss is constant goes up and down with treble nob