1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Endorsement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Conzo93, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    Hi there everyone, I'm looking to get endorsed by a company, I've never been endorsed before and I'm wondering what steps are usually taken to getting an endorsement deal. I'd like to be endorsed by a company that I like the quality of insturments and not just whatever comes my way. At the moment I play Spector basses.

Also while I'm here my band is in a poll to play a gig alongside a Slipknot tribute band, so if you're feeling generous, head on over and give Zia Regime a vote :)
    http://www.facebook.com/events/122229494620289/permalink/122235307953041/
    just scroll down to the poll and click the name once

Thanks

2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

You might want to try a search about 'endorsing a company'. They don't endorse you. There are plenty of threads that lay it all out.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Yeah, we all want an endorsement deal.

Got a record deal?

Band get any mainstream radio airplay?

Can you imagine how many unknown artists contact companies every day looking for endorsement deals? How many do you think get them? The answer is zero.

4. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    I have seen bands get endorsement deals for small arrangements such as going on tour if that counts? And yes, without naming anyone, I've seen relatively unknown bands with endorsements

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

A. Learn the definition of "endorse" and be clear about who endorses and who is endorsed. You wouldn't confuse who employs and who is employed would you?

B. Learn to use the TB search function. There are lots of good and practical discussions of this, primarily in "Bassists" and "Miscellaneous".

John

7. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Well, several members here have endorsement deals. I would ask them. Usually they list them in the top header by their user name/avatar. More than a few threads about it around here too. Maybe do a search.