1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Enfield Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by broadblik, Feb 27, 2009.

1. broadblik

broadblik

http://www.enfieldguitars.com

These seem to be pretty new, I'm guessing it's enfield after the weapons manufacturer, what with the cannon logo and all.

Anyways, it seems the guy from SIMs Custom has started making some nice looking basses.

They've got a John East designed preamp and an 8 coil pickup with loads of coil tap options.

And I love the Spalt Sycamore top on this one.

[​IMG]
  2. Elmo Oxygen

Elmo Oxygen

Ooooooooo, nice. How are the prices?
  3. Human Bass

Human Bass

Everything about them seem über cool. The electronics and the neck mixing carbon fiber with wood in an unique way gimme major GAS.
  4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I had a chance to play a 4 and 5 string none composite neck version and I thought they were well made and sounded very nive(seems to be very versatile as well).

I've known Martin Sims for years and I was not at all surprised by how well the bass was crafted and how well it sounded.

Brian Barrett of The Low End bass shop has a 6 string version available.

http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/index.htm
  5. wizay

wizay

aa, i read about in the magazine Guitarist, a little review of it. Seemed very versatile and good construction! Would have been cool to hear it
  6. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

Really? Cool I've got an old 1920's Enfield rifle! :bag:
  7. Disappear

Disappear

That's too much pickup for me it is.
  8. broadblik

broadblik

Sweet, is it one of the Lee Enfield Bolt action ones?

/Ontopic

Anyone get a look at the coil tap options, looks like you can get both pickups to do either Split coil, single coil or hunmbucking.

I really wanna get my mitts on one of these!
  9. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

For some reason they really remind me of Wal basses.
  10. lousybassist

lousybassist

They do indeed look Wal Mk. II/III-esque, but with enough of a twist to make them different, at least to my eyes. I think I like their aesthetic features.
  11. Ezbass

Ezbass

I played these at the Music Live exhibition at Birmingham last year and talked with Martin Sims extensively about them.

I must agree that the pickup looks like way too much, but the tonal variety it offers is phenomenal! You can have 2 singles, 2 humbuckers, 1 of each, all sorts of mix and match and the preamp is very classy with no bad over the top tones to be found at all. Each instrument is very individual in feel and looks and you can order what you like, but man they are way expensive starting at about £2,600 and going upwards dependent on your spec. I'd really like one, especially the one I saw and tried with a redwood top, but can't justify that expenditure.
  12. Paolo74

Paolo74

13. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Maybe he could come out with a cheaper one for the masses. He could copy...oh, I don't know....maybe the Fender Bullet basses? :rollno: I know...I know...